HeadlinesBriefing favicon HeadlinesBriefing.com

Promoter Insists Fury Fight Contract Binding

BBC Sport •
×

Promoter [PERSON_NAME] said "no-one can pull out" of the proposed fight between [PERSON_NAME] and [PERSON_NAME]. Fury claimed on Friday the fight was unlikely, but [PERSON_NAME], who represents [PERSON_NAME], stated the fight will go ahead.

"We've signed the contract, we're waiting for a date. You saw [PERSON_NAME] shouting and screaming ... there's nothing to shout and scream about, the fight's done," [PERSON_NAME] told DAZN. "The fight's signed. No-one can pull out of the fight. You can't just pull out of a contract."

Fury and [PERSON_NAME] had been expected to meet in November in one of the biggest fights in British boxing history. [PERSON_NAME] and his promoter [PERSON_NAME] have signed a contract for it to be staged in [ADDRESS], while Saudi organisers [PERSON_NAME] are pushing for a move to [ADDRESS]. [ADDRESS] is understood to be [PERSON_NAME]'s preference so the fight — broadcast on Netflix — can cater to American audiences. "We know everybody and his dog involved in the fight wants to do the fight in [ADDRESS]. We don't," added [PERSON_NAME]. "We've told [PERSON_NAME] and the team 'if you want to do it in [ADDRESS], these are the terms that we can move forward with. But we'd rather not please'."