HeadlinesBriefing favicon HeadlinesBriefing.com

Brighton reject Liverpool £60m bid for Yankuba Minteh

Sky Sports Champions League •
×

Brighton have rejected a £60m bid from Liverpool for winger Yankuba Minteh. Sky Sports News understands the proposal did not meet Brighton's valuation after the Reds previously failed with a £50m bid for the 22-year-old. Minteh is currently unavailable due to an injury likely to keep him out until October, while Brighton are also without Kaoru Mitoma, sidelined since May with a hamstring injury.

Brighton are also in talks with Manchester United over the sale of Carlos Baleba, with an agreement understood to be close on a deal worth in excess of £60m.

Reinforcing in wide-forward areas has been Liverpool's priority throughout this window after already signing Victor Munoz from Osasuna. As part of their process to add in wide areas, they are looking at a number of possibilities, one being Minteh. Liverpool have been pursuing Bradley Barcola at Paris Saint-Germain and remain in contact with the European champions over a deal. However, PSG's £145m valuation is a complicating factor as Liverpool do not currently want to reach that figure.

Brighton boss Fabian Hurzeler says it is normal for players to be linked away given the Seagulls' recent success. "It's normal that if a team is doing well, then there will be a big ask for players," he said ahead of Sunday's opener against Aston Villa. "I'm not here to complain, I'm here to find solutions."